What is Magnesium Nitride
What is Magnesium Nitride?
Magnesium Nitride, is an inorganic molecule with the chemical formula Mg3N2. It's part a cubic crystals system. At ambient temperature, magnesium nutride is a color of yellow and green However, magnesium nitride that has portions of magnesium oxide impurities appears grayish white.
The Molar mass of magnesium-nitride is 100.95g/mol. In terms of density, it is 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium Nitride is completely dissolved in water and acid, however, it is partially dissolvable in the ether and ethanol.
The melting temperature of magnesium nitride ranges from 1500 to 1500 degrees. Magnesium, like other metal nitrides reacts with water and produces ammonia. It is often used as a catalyst. React with acidic or aqueous nonmetallic oxides to form ammonium salts as well as magnesium salts.
Magnesium Nitride is a ceramic substance in nature. Magnesium nitride exhibits high corrosion resistance and greatly increases the efficiency of production. Magnesium is also a great material for thermal conductivity, as well being resistant to corrosion and resistance to temperature. Magnesium nitride also has a great significance as it's used as a catalyst formation of boron.
What Is Magnesium-Nitride Used For?
1. As a catalyst, it is used to you are preparing the nitride of other elements that have high hardness along with high thermal conductivity corrosion resistance, wear resistance and high temperature resistance. The first successful process of synthesis of cubic bore nitride an active catalyst came from magnesium Nitride.
2. It is used for steel with high strength for smelting. Magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) replaces the magnesium that has been desulphurized for construction melts, which is helpful for increasing the density, strength that, tension and bearing capacity of steel. In addition, using of magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurizationmay lessen the amount of ingredients, and thus help to reduce the cost of manufacturing construction steel.
3. It is used to prepare special ceramic materials;
4. For the production of a special alloy foaming agent;
5. For the production of special glass
6. For crosslinking catalytically produced polymers
7. To reuse nuclear waste;
How to Produce Magnesium Nitride?
The current methods for making magnesium nitride consist of direct reaction method of magnesium powder with nitrogen, reaction method of magnesium with nitrogen using nitrogen plasma flow, magnesium coil explosion method in nitrogen atmosphere the low pressure chemical gas complementary product method, self-propagating high temperature process for synthesis, nano magnesium Nitride synthesis method for example.
Recently, G. Soto et al. made amorphous magnesium oxide films that had different Mg/N ratios Si substrates in a molecular nitrous environment by the use of pulse-laser deposition. This method limits their production in the industrial sector due to high cost, long process and complex operation of equipment or low yield of magnesium oxide.
While the direct reaction of magnesium powder with nitrogen is of economic value, the production of magnesium nitride requires more reaction temperatures and a longer processing time. The shape of the particles is not clear and easy to agglomerate which doesn't meet requirements of industrial quality. N3 can be broken into Nwhich has broken bonds faster than N2 and the decomposed H2 could prevent the formation MgO. This is why ammonia could be used as the nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. used liquid ammonia as nitrogen source to prepare magnesium nitride using direct Nitriding of magnesium powder. The following conclusions could be drawn: From a thermodynamic analysis, liquid ammonia is able to react with magnesium powder more easily than nitrogen, resulting in magnesium nitride. Good quality magnesium nitride in excellent purity and uniform particles can be produced at 600 and an ammonia atmosphere for 1h, then heated to 800°C, with an ammonia flow rate of 500ml/min , and the nitriding period of 1 hour.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Supplier
We are a respected global chemical material supplier & manufacturer, with over 12 years of experience offering high-end chemicals and nanomaterials. Examples include silicon, nitride powder, Zinc sulfide, graphite calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, and many more.
If you're seeking high-quality Mg3N2 powder We invite you to call us or send us an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)